Island County is a place where people are respected and valued and where everyone has the opportunity to participate in and contribute to their community.
Island County Human Services is an accessible and responsive community resource, working collaboratively to help meet the essential needs of the people of Island County and to provide opportunities for our citizens to become contributing members of our community.
- Working with compassion, integrity, intention and enthusiasm
- Building positive community partnerships and coalitions
- Treating ourselves and others with respect and dignity.
- Being good stewards of public funds
- Being accountable to ourselves, one another and the public
- Being respectful and honoring diversity
- Encouraging a blended model of health and healing that includes mind, body, spirit, nature and community
- Creating an open, respectful and fun working environment
- Enjoying ourselves along the way and occasionally cutting loose
The safety and health of our community is our highest priority.
Find out more about local Behavioral Health services.
The Island County Developmental Disabilities program coordinates, funds, and manages local services for children from birth to age 3 and adults 19 and older who have developmental disabilities.
Parent to Parent provides support and resources to families that care for a child and/or an adult with disabilities and/or special healthcare needs.
Emergency assistance is offered in compliance with state law to income-eligible veterans with an honorable discharge, their spouse or domestic partner, surviving spouses and the dependent children of living or deceased veterans.
Offering a variety of services, programs and resources to assist residents of Island County with their housing needs