Housing Support Center
We provide a variety of services, programs, and resources to assist residents of Island County with their housing needs, including a variety of grant and loan programs to assist renters, homebuyers, homeowners and affordable housing developers.
What we do: The Housing Support Center is the first stop for individuals or families who are struggling with homelessness or at risk of losing their housing. Housing Navigators will assess your needs and efficiently refer you to the most appropriate program among the network of homeless and housing providers as quickly as possible.
Housing Support Center
- (Island County Department of Human Services)105 N.W. 1st St., Coupeville, WA 98239
- Hours: 9 AM to 3 PM Monday-Thursday
- For appointment, call 360-678-8284. Walk-ins welcome
What programs May I Screen For?
- Deposit assistance
- Rent assistance
- Referrals to temporary housing when available - transitional and emergency housing
To apply for any program, be sure to provide the following information for all household members:
- Income verification
- Identification for all adults
- To apply for rent assistance, a 14-day pay-or-vacate notice or eviction notice is required.
To apply for deposit assistance, a lease or approval letter from the landlord/property manager is required. The letter must include:
- Property address
- Move-in date
- Monthly rent amount
- Security deposit amount
- Landlord contact information
- Affordable Housing Development: Contact us if you are interested in developing affordable housing in Island County or if you have questions about affordable housing.
Affordable Housing Development
Contact us if you are interested in developing affordable housing in Island County or if you have questions about affordable housing.
Housing Provider Network
Consortium of public and private organizations and individuals that plan for and create a continuum of care of housing and support services with the goal of moving homeless families and individuals along to self-sufficiency, permanent housing, and better health.
Island County Housing Advisory Board
Comprised of representatives from Island County and the cities of Langley, Oak Harbor, and the Town of Coupeville, makes recommendations to the Island County Commissioners on use of surcharges on recording documents collected by the Island County Auditor's Office. Objective is to assist extremely low income, very low income and homeless housing programs throughout Island County.