TAX TITLE PROPERTY Re-Auction
- No Tax Title Re-Auction in 2023
- Aug. 26, 2022
- Re-Auction Tax Title Sale Results
TAX TITLE PROPERTY SALE
- No Tax Title Auction in 2023
- July 25, 2022
- Notice of Tax Title Sale
- Tax Title Sale Results
FORECLOSURE AND DISTRAINT SALES
- Date of Auction: Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023
- Notice of 2022 Tax Judgment Sale
- MINIMUM BID LIST
- Go to www.bid4assets.com for information about tax foreclosure sales and to register to bid.
Before you bid
Island County Treasurer tax foreclosure and distraint sales are BUYER BEWARE sales. The parcels are offered on a "where is" and "as is" basis. The county makes no representation of warranty, nor any guarantee of warranty, expressed or implied, as to the condition of title to any property, nor the physical condition of any property or its fitness for any use or purpose. The county conveys the entirety of the interest that it may legally transfer, unless otherwise noted.
Anyone considering purchasing a property at a tax foreclosure or distraint sale should be aware of the risks and investigate the property carefully prior to the auction date.
Treasurer's Deeds issued on parcels acquired in foreclosure sales DO NOT warrant clear title. It is strongly recommended that the buyer view the property and make additional inquiries about concerns or questions that may arise.
The Auction Process
Real Property (Tax Foreclosure Sale)
- Beginning early November 2023, the foreclosure minimum bid list will be available at "Real Property Foreclosure Parcels." You may also contact the Collections Deputy at Contact Us.
- All bidders must be registered prior to the start of the sale. You may register for the tax sale by going to www.bid4assets.com and clicking the "sign up" link at the top of the page. Bid4Assets may require a deposit be made at least one week before the auction begins.
- A minimum bid will be posted for each parcel. Payments must be wired following the Bid4Assets instructions within 24 hours of submitting a winning bid. No credit cards or in-office payments will be accepted.
- A Treasurer's tax deed will be issued within 60 days of payment confirmation.
- Current Minimum Bid List can be found here.
- Manufactured Homes / Business Equipment (Distraint Sale)
- The Minimum Bid List will be available prior to sale. You may also contact the Collections Deputy for a copy. List won't be available till at least two weeks before the auction.
- All bidders must be registered. You may register for the tax sale prior to the sale by contacting the Collections Deputy, or in the Commissioner's Hearing Room before the auction begins. No changes to the registration may be made after the sale. There is no registration fee. When you register, you will be provided a copy of the terms of sale. You are required to read and sign the terms of sale before being issued a bidder number card. You cannot bid without a card. Those wishing to bid must be present or have a representative present at the auction who must be willing to sign documents as an agent for the purchasing party.
- The auctioneer will announce the minimum bid for each parcel. To bid, you must hold up your issued bidder card and call out the bid amount. Each parcel is sold to the highest bidder. Payment requirements are as follows: Cash, cashier's check, money order. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- Once a parcel is bid on and sold, the successful bidder must immediately step forward and pay in full. No time is allowed for bidders to leave the sale to get funds and return. Failure to make payment as required will trigger an immediate resale of the property to the previous bidder and the defaulting bidder will be excluded from further participation in the auction. Island County does not offer a financing program.
- If a bidder is due a refund, the refund will be issued and mailed AFTER the expiration of 10 business days. After funds have been processed, a bill of sale will be issued within 60 days. The Treasurer's Office will provide further instructions on completing the transfer, if necessary.
- Current Distraint list can be found here.
- Please be advised, private property should not be entered without the permission of the current property owner.
- These parcels are privately owned until the conclusion of the auction. Any site inspection of the parcels should be done with the authorization of the current parcel owner. Anyone inspecting these parcels from anywhere other than the public right-of-way does so without the authorization of Island County and is considered to be trespassing.
- Please respect the property rights of the current parcel owners.