Legal Help & Links
The Island County Prosecutor only represents the State and Island County. We cannot provide legal assistance or advice to private citizens or businesses. If you need legal representation, you can represent yourself, or engage a lawyer to represent you. If you need legal help, but can't afford it, there are some resources available to you.
- Washington State Bar Association has programs that may be able to help you find legal representation.
- Island County Bar Association has a Volunteer Lawyer Program for people of limited means.
- Northwest Justice Project is a publicly-funded legal aid service that has attorneys on staff who have helped thousands of Washingtonians by providing legal advice and representation in many areas of law. They can be found at the website above, or by calling the CLEAR hotline at 1-888-201-1014.
- Northwest Immigrants Rights Project exists to help immigrants, asylum-seekers and refugees, regardless of immigration status. If you are a victim of a crime or human trafficking, and not a U.S. citizen, Northwest Immigration Rights Project, may be able to help you apply for a U-VISA or T-VISA - a special protected immigration status for victims. Go to the website above, or call 800.445.5771.
If you have been charged with a crime in Island County, contact the Island County Office of Public Defense at 360-679-7378 between 8 am and 4:30 pm Monday-Friday.
The following links allow you to perform your own legal research.
- Washington Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Decisions. (full text and searchable).
- Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC)
- Washington Courts - Rules and Domestic Relations Forms
- United States Code Search
- Library of Congress
- Missing Persons Information
- Free Washington Law Help
Disclaimer: Links on this page are for informational purposes only. Although every effort is made to provide accuracy, all information and resources shown are not official. Neither Island County nor any of its agencies, officials or employees guarantees the accuracy of any information on the web site. Reliance upon the information contained on or accessed through this web site is entirely at your own risk. Island County reserves the right to make changes without notice.