Access to Court Records
The majority of the cases filed since 2007 are available for viewing in the lobby of the Law and Justice Facility - the Island County Courthouse.
Records older than five years, or that are not currently active, may be located at the Offsite County Storage facility. It is recommended that you contact the Superior Court Clerk’s Office at 360-679-7359 ext. 6 for information about the availability of court files.
If you are unable to come to the Superior Court Clerk’s Office to obtain copies, you may also do so by mail or by internet. You can obtain records at digitalarchives.wa.gov, certified and non-certified.
- Non-certified Document Charges fee is 50 cents per page.
- Certified Document Charges - the fee is $5 for the first page and $1 per page thereafter of each document.
Searching for Records Using Digitalarchives.gov
Log on to the Digitalarchives website here and search using the following steps:
If You Do Not Have a Case Number
- Go to odysseyportal.courts.wa.gov/odyportal.
- Click on Smart Search.
- Enter the name you are looking for, last name first and click the Captcha button. Once you have passed the Captcha tests, click submit.
- Note the case number and move on to the next step.
If You Do Have a Case Number
- Go to digitalarchives.wa.gov
- Go to "Detailed Search". Using the drop-down menu, select "Superior Court Cases."
- Enter the case number with dashes.
- Hit "Search."
- If results are returned, click on "Island County Superior Court Case Files 1982-Present."
- Look for the page/magnifying glass icon on the right to see if the image has been scanned.
- Mark the documents you wish to order.