- Departments & Offices
- Public Works
- Solid Waste
Recycling and trash services in Island County are provided by a combination of private companies and local governments. Island County contracts out recycle services, trash long haul and disposal services. Trash collected in Island County is sent to Republic Services Roosevelt Regional Landfill.
Recyclables collected at County recycle parks on Whidbey Island are processed and marketed by Island Recycling. On Camano Island, recyclables collected at the curb or at the Camano Island Transfer station are processed and marketed by Waste Management's Cascade Recycling Center.
For residential and commercial trash pickup service in unincorporated Whidbey Island, the City of Langley and the Town of Coupeville contact Island Disposal, a Waste Connections company. The City of Oak Harbor collects trash, recyclables and yard waste for its residents.
Waste Management provides trash pickup and curbside recycling on Camano Island contact them at 800-592-9995. During inclement weather Waste Management will post service updates for Camano Island customers on the Camano Service Alert page.
- 2020 Island County Solid Waste and Moderate Risk Waste Management Plan (pdf)
- 2020-2022 Solid Waste and Septage Rate Study (pdf)
- 2023 Rate Structure (pdf)
- Household Hazardous Waste & Business Chemical Disposal Brochure (pdf)
- Recycle Whidbey Brochure (pdf)
- Recycle Camano Brochure (pdf)
- Coupeville Solid Waste Complex Brochure (pdf)
- Camano Solid Waste Dropbox & Recycle Park Brochure (pdf)
- Bayview Solid Waste Dropbox & Recycle Park Brochure (pdf)
- North Whidbey Solid Waste Dropbox & Recycle Park Brochure (pdf)
Sign up to Receive Solid Waste Updates
- Email Updates - After entering your email address select "Solid Waste News"
- Text Alerts- Text the phrase ICSOLIDWASTE to 833-954-3773 to receive notification by text regarding holiday and emergency closures.
- Who do I call to get garbage pickup service?
If you live in Oak Harbor city limits, call the City of Oak Harbor at 360-279-4530. If you live elsewhere on Whidbey Island, call Island Disposal at 360-678-5701 or 360-321-1331. Camano Island residents should call Waste Management at 1-800-592-9995.
- Who do I call to get recycling pickup service?
Camano Island residents can call Waste Management at 1-800-592-9995. If you live in Oak Harbor city limits, call the City of Oak Harbor at 360-279-4530. If you live in the Town of Coupeville, call Island Disposal at 360-678-5701. If you live elsewhere on Whidbey Island recycling pickup service is currently not available.
- Can I self-haul my garbage and recycling?
You can haul wastes and recyclables to any of the Island County Solid Waste facilities. You may also self-haul recyclables DTG Recycle in Freeland.
- Where can I dispose of household hazardous wastes like paints, solvents, cleaners, and gasoline?
Don't throw it in the trash. You can bring your old oil-based paint, oil, antifreeze and other household hazardous waste to any of the Island County Solid Waste facilities. There is no charge for household hazardous wastes.
- How can I dispose of latex/acrylic paints and stains?
You can recycle latex paints and stains at the Coupeville Complex or see Washington PaintCare for additional drop off locations.