Natural Resources supports ecosystems and biodiversity across Island County. The division works to conserve and restore forests, streams, shorelines, wetlands, and wildlife habitats for the benefit of current and future generations. Natural Resources includes the following program areas:
- Salmon Recovery - We work closely with community partners to restore salmon populations, protect spawning grounds, and improve fish passage in local waterways.
- Surface Water Quality - We monitor surface water quality and support measures to mitigate pollution, manage stormwater, and safeguard drinking water.
- Shore Friendly Program - Provides technical assistance to support shoreline conservation practices, including outreach and homeowner assistance.
- The Conservation Futures Fund - Preserves lands to improve climate resiliency, support recreational opportunities, and enhance biodiversity.
- Noxious Weeds Program - Supports removal of harmful plants from the environment to support healthy ecosystems.
Natural Resources Monthly Newsletter & Announcements