Electronic Home Detention
The Island County Jail offers an Electronic Home Detention program in which qualifying participants can serve their sentence at home while maintaining their employment and residence. Participants in the program are only allowed to leave their home for work, school, treatment, or other approved activities.
Monitoring of the Electronic Home Detention program is accomplished by a number of devices, including traditional radio frequency (RF) and Global Positioning System (GPS). Island County Correction deputies monitor this equipment 24/7 via cellular communications and online software.
Electronic Home Detention Requirements
- Participants must have authorization from Island County Superior or Island County District Court allowing EHM as an option.
- Participants must reside within Island County.
- Participants must have a phone, landline or cellular, which we can use to contact you 24/7.
- Program fees include a $15 administration fee, $40 booking fee, and a daily rate of $16 per day.
- Upon entry to EHD, the participant will pay the administration and booking fees, plus the first seven days of monitoring (total fee of $167). If the total amount of home detention is 14 days or less, the entire fee for the duration of monitoring will be collected at time of booking.
- Participants must make weekly check in appointments at the Island County Jail to pay for the following week of monitoring and ensure compliance.
Participants must consent to random home visits by an Island County Corrections deputy.
- Participants must comply with additional conditions as outlined by the court and probation division.
- Participants must have no outstanding warrants.
- Electronic Home Detention may not be imposed for convictions of certain offenses. Speak with an EHD deputy to learn if you qualify.