- Departments & Offices
- Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Island County Groundwater Publications
Island County Groundwater Publications
The following documents pertain to groundwater resources of Island County, sorted by date.
- Wa029, 1958, A.O. NESS, C.G. RICHINS. 1958 Soil Survey of Island County, Washington *see also 2008 and Current (web app) surveys.
- WSB25, 1968, D.J. Easterbrook, H.W. Anderson. Pleistocene Stratigraphy of Island County and Groundwater-Resources of Island County.
- USGS OFR 82-561, 1982, D.R. Cline, M.A. Jones, et al. Preliminary Survey of Ground-Water Resources for Island County, Washington
- USGS WRIR 85-4046, 1985, M.A. Jones Occurrence of Ground Water and Potential for Seawater Intrusion, Island County, Washington
USGS WRIR 87-4182, 1988, D.B. Sapik, G.C. Bortleson et al. Ground-Water Resources and Simulation of Flow in Aquifers Containing Freshwater and Seawater, Island County, Washington
Island County Coordinated Water System Plan, 1990, IC Planning & Community Development.
Island County Groundwater Management Program, 1992, IC Groundwater Advisory Committee
DOE OFTR 93-07, 1993, T. Culhane. High Chloride Concentrations in Groundwater Withdrawals from Above Sea Level Aquifers, Whidbey Island, Washington
DOE 12-03-220, 1997, R. Hallbauer. Island County Nitrate Study
USGS WRIR 03-4101, 2003, S.S. Sumioka, H.H. Bauer. Estimating Ground-Water Recharge from Precipitation on Whidbey and Camano Islands, Island County, Washington, Water Years 1998 and 1999
Information (topic papers) developed as part of the Island County Watershed Planning process can be found here:
DOE Publication 11-11-011, Revised 11/2016. Focus on Water Availability, Island Watershed WRIA 6
2008 Soil survey of Island County, Washington. United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service. 2008 Soil Survey of Island County, Washington
The Following Reference Documents Generally Pertain (but not specifically) to Groundwater Resources of Island County.
- WSB32, 1971, K.J. Walters. Reconnaissance of Sea-Water Intrusion Along Coastal Washington, 1966-68
- WSB56, 1984, N.P . Dion, S.S. Sumioka. Seawater Intrusion into Coastal Aquifers in Washington, 1978
- EPA 171-R-92-027, 1992, E.B. Tibbott. Seawater Intrusion Control in Coastal Washington
- USGS Circular 1139, 1998, T.C. Winter, J.W. Harvey, et al. Ground Water and Surface Water - A Single Resource
- USGS PP 1424-D, 1998, A.J. Vaccaro, A.J. Hansen Jr., M.A. Jones. Hydrogeologic Framework of the Puget Sound Aquifer System, Washington and British Columbia
- USGS Circular 1186, 1999, W.M. Alley, T.E. Reilly, O.L. Franke. Sustainability of Ground-Water Resources
- USGS PP 1424-C, 1999, Jones, M. A. Geologic Framework for the Puget Sound Aquifer System, Washington and British Columbia
- Preparing for a Changing Climate, 2012, Washington Department of Ecology. Washington State Integrated Climate Change Response Strategy
- Department of Ecology Water Right Information Landowners Guide to Washington State Water Rights
- The Climate Impacts Group, University of Washington, 2015. CIG93777D. State of Knowledge: Climate Change in Puget Sound