COVID-19 is here to stay, but we can take steps to protect ourselves, our families, and our community members. Tools such as at-home testing, prevention measures, immunizations, and effective treatments, help to keep our communities safe and healthy.
Visit the Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 Dashboard to find current trends for Island County.
COVID-19 Call Center
The Island County COVID-19 Call Center can be reached 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday-Friday at 360-678-2301 for the following:
- To pick up free at-home COVID test kits for your family, or for future gatherings.
- For information about COVID-19, including prevention steps and immunization guidance.
Who Should Vaccinate
A COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for everyone ages 6 months and older. Vaccination is especially important for individuals at greater risk for severe disease including older adults and people with weakened immune systems. Vaccination decreases disease severity and helps prevent Long COVID, which can last for an extended duration following infection.
Finding Updated 2023-24 COVID-19 Vaccines
- Island Drug, Clinton, 360-341-3885
- Island Drug, Oak Harbor, 360-675-6688
- Saar’s Super Saver, Oak Harbor, 360-675-3000
- Rite Aid, Freeland, 360-331-4700
- Rite Aid, Oak Harbor, 360-679-3522
- Safeway, Oak Harbor, 360-240-1063
- Walgreens, Oak Harbor, 360-675-3497
- Walmart, Oak Harbor, 360-279-0671
- WhidbeyHealth Community Pharmacy, Coupeville, 360-678-8640
- Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor, 360-257-9591
Free Updated COVID-19 Vaccinations for uninsured/underinsured adults
Adults 18 years and older without health insurance and adults whose health insurance does not cover all COVID-19 vaccine costs can get free updated COVID-19 vaccines through the Bridge Access Program. Visit vaccines.gov to find providers that offer free COVID-19 vaccines through the Bridge Access Program.
Bridge Access Program providers on Whidbey Island include:
- Island Drug in Oak Harbor, Clinton and LaConner
- Saar’s Super Savers in Oak Harbor
- Walgreen’s in Oak Harbor
Free COVID-19 Home Test Kits
Every U.S. household may place an order to receive four free COVID-19 rapid tests delivered directly to their home. Visit https://www.covid.gov/tests If you need a home test kit immediately, ICPH supplies the following locations with test kits available to the public:
Current COVID-19 Community Level: Low
Last Updated October 17, 2023